Hi guys if any of you have encountered this issue while Signing the android app then follow the below steps to solve it.
‘keytool’ is not recognized as an internal or external command
Screenshots of the error message
We have to add the keytool to our path in system environment variables. To do so from windows machine follow the below steps
- Open Start Menu and search for “env“.
- Click on “Edit enviornment variables for your account“.
- Choose “Path” and Click the “Edit” button.
- Click the “New” button.
- Paste the path to keytools in the field it will be probably “C:\Program Files\Android\Android Studio\jre\bin” if you have installed Android Studio in the C:\ drive.
- Now click on “OK“. Thats it, you are done.
Close all the instants of Command Prompt and Power Shells then start a new instances and type keytool and if you have done everything correctly you should probably see a similar output.