What is WiPhone?
WiPhone is a distinct, simple phone for makers.
The ease with which the electronics and software can be extended and changed is intended to facilitate hackers, a feature for which standard phones are inadequate.
A VoIP mobile phone is WiPhone. Free HD voice calls are made over WIFI. This indicates that there is no mandatory service contract and that you own it forever.
- VoIP Calls – It uses WIFI to make HD voice calls, for free. This means that there is no required service contract – and it’s yours for life.
- 2.5-inch screen with a resolution of 320 x 240 pixels
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Micro USB for charging, serial communication & firmware updates.
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Internal microSD slote
- 700 mAh battery – 8-hour talk / 1-week standby (estimated)
- 25 button keypad – All keys are user-programmable
- Espressif ESP32 at the heart can be programmed using Arduino or MicroPython.
- 20 programmable GPIO pins on the back of the phone.
The WiPhone can be expanded using daughter boards. The entire back of the phone is a removable panel that can be customized with any functionality using a standard 1.6mm thickness PCB.
Wiphone ESP32 Pinout Diagram
Wiphone can be programmed in Arduino or Python.
An RC car made with WiPhone
This is the coolest way ever to answer a phone: