Compatible with Arduino and MicroPython, Wio Terminal is an ATSAMD51-based microcontroller with wireless connectivity supported by Realtek RTL8720DN. Its CPU speed runs at 120MHz (Boost up to 200MHz). Realtek RTL8720DN chip supports both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi providing the backbone for IoT projects. The Wio Terminal itself is equipped with a 2.4” LCD Screen, onboard IMU(LIS3DHTR), Microphone, Buzzer, microSD card slot, Light sensor, and Infrared Emitter(IR 940nm).
The Wio (Wireless Input and Output) platform (Wio Link, Wio Nodes,etc.) was first introduced to the world at the end of 2015 by Seeed.
Today a new Wio member is joining the family – Wio Terminal. Instead of being a single embedded functional module, Wio Terminal is more of a complete system, equipping with Screen + Development Board + Input/Output Interface + Enclosure. Make it an efficient and Product-Ready Product.
- Sensing and tagging the Real-World data with over 300 Grove created by Seeed
- A pythonic way to use a 100% open-source Hardware.
- Build your program interpreter starting from 90%.
Compatible with Arduino and Micropython, Wio Terminal is an ATSAMD51-based microcontroller with wireless connectivity supported by Realtek RTL8720DN. Its CPU speed runs at 120MHz (Boost up to 200MHz). Realtek RTL8720DN chip supports both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi providing the backbone for IoT projects. The Wio Terminal itself is equipped with a 2.4” LCD Screen, onboard IMU(LIS3DHTR), microphone, buzzer, microSD card slot, light sensor, and infrared emitter(IR 940nm). On top of that, it also has two multifunctional Grove ports for Grove Ecosystem and Raspberry pi 40-pin compatible GPIO for more add-ons.
With Wio Terminal:
- Wio Terminal + Grove = IoT System
- Wio Terminal + Raspberry Pi = Edge Computing System
- Wio Terminal + Customized add-ons = Handheld devices or endless possibilities!
Highly Integrated Design
- MCU, LCD, WIFI, BT, IMU, Microphone, Buzzer, microSD Card, Configurable Buttons, Light Sensor, 5-Way Switch, Infrared Emitter (IR 940nm), Crypto-authentication Ready
Powered by Microchip ATSAMD51P19
- ARM Cortex-M4F core running at 120MHz (Boost up to 200MHz)
- 4 MB External Flash, 192 KB RAM
- Comprehensive Protocol Support
- SPI, I2C, I2S, ADC, DAC, PWM, UART(Serial)
Powerful Wireless Connectivity
- Powered by Realtek RTL8720DN
- Dual Band 2.4Ghz / 5Ghz Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- BLE / BLE 5.0
USB OTG Support
- Accessible Devices: Mouse, Keyboard, MIDI Devices, Xbox/PS Gaming Controllers, 3D Printers
- Simulated Devices: Mouse, Keyboard, MIDI Devices
- 300+ Grove modules to explore with IoT
- Two onboard multi-functional Grove ports can be used for Digital, Analog, I2C, and PWM
Raspberry Pi 40-pin Compatible
- Can be mounted to a Raspberry Pi as a slave device
- Raspberry Pi’s HAT can be used with an adapter cable
- AT Firmware
- Python Terminal Device
- Data Collection Device for Machine Learning
- Hand-held Device
- Retro Gaming Device
- IoT Controller
- Slave device / Accessories for Raspberry Pi