For the DARK THEME lovers like me, almost all IDEs are having the option to enable “Dark theme” except Arduino IDE.
So when I was googling how about “dark theme for Arduino” I landed on a GitHub account by Jeff Thompson where He has made all the required icons and other required files to make our Arduino IDE dark and beautiful.
Below I have explained how to make your Arduino IDE dark in Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- First, download the theme from this link https://github.com/jeffThompson/DarkArduinoTheme.git
- Then replace the theme folder with the download theme folder.
- Mac users should look in ~/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/lib and replace the theme folder inside (making a copy of the original in case want to revert back).
- In Windows the folder will be located in C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino/lib.
- Linux it will be in /usr/share/arduino/lib/